The 16th of July was a special day in the annals of the Annapoorna Breakfast Programme. A special conclave was held with individuals and institutions who have been supporting the Annapoorna programme in various ways.
The objective was to apprise them of the current activities at Annapoorna, as well as the future plans for growth. The 100 people gathering had representation from over 30 organizations. Senior Leaders from Wells Fargo, Cap Gemini, Rural Shores, Flipkart, CSC (now DXC technologies), Dabur, Nimhans, Oracle, ASM Ltd, RV Dental College, Unibic, Nagarjuna College of Engg etc have joined us for this event.
The programme started with a detailed video show describing the daily breakfast service for needy school-going children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlQuLG8YzZ0
After the video, Mr Sathyanarayana (Sr Operations Manager at IT Major) took to the stage to welcome all the guests for the evening, and thanked them for attending the programme.
He then called upon Mr. Sai Prasad (Director, Fortune 100 technology major and volunteer at Annapoorna Programme) to provide a detailed report of all the activities, accomplishments and impact generated by the Annapoorna activities so far.
Mr Sai Prasad thanked the audience for their continued support, and urged them to adopt a mindset of being available to perform any service to our communities, leveraging their unique capabilities.
Sai Prasad’s detailed report included:
- A description of how Annapoorna started and expanded, how the scope of daily breakfast gradually expanded from service only on Sundays, to other weekdays, to daily breakfast, to initiating other related activities such as health-screening, education, drinking water and sanitation toilet infrastructure.
- The operating model at Annapoorna, the tools, food menu patterns, processes, systems and the use of technology that has been enabling Annapoorna activities to scale exponentially that shows in terms of the rate at which new schools are being added for breakfast service.
- The current coverage statistics in terms of no. of schools, children, no. of states in which we are currently operating, as well as the future plans of expansion
- The impact felt by the beneficiaries, the children. Improved health profile, attendance, academic performance, good will generated among communities and gratitude to the society.
- The forums where Annapoorna team presented in the past towards raising awareness about Annapoorna activities among our communities so as to inspire them to serve.
- About our Inspiration to start this seva – Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba who has been teaching and practising the ideal of Love All and Serve all. A description of the volunteers whose sustained commitment has got us this far.
- A list of sponsors and description of their contribution to Annapoorna initiative in various ways, providing healthcare, free spectacles, sending volunteers, being IT partners, sending juices and biscuits etc.
- A brief testimonial video of a speech made by a teacher who has been overseeing Annapoorna operations in his school.
After this, Mr Sathya called upon Mr Sundar Kamath, Senior Vice President at Sanmina Corporation to address the gathering.
Mr Sundar Kamath spoke on the topic, “The Ideal Village: Innovation & Collaboration”. In his talk, he introduced the audience to the concept and the vision of The Ideal Village, and explained how Science for Society, a voluntary global collaboration forum, has been working with a cross section of intellectuals across the society, with the objective of Societal Transformation.
Sundar Kamath reiterated the importance of breakfast over all meals for the day in line with all existing research, and observed that the Annapoorna Breakfast Programme will continue to play a key role in this vision for an Ideal village.
After his speech, a video was played, with testimonials from prominent personalities from the society who expressed support and encouragement for Annapoorna work – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Bijnxqexc
After this, it was time to inaugurate the annual report of Annapoorna Trust. Sri Satish Naik was respectfully invited to inaugurate the annual report, followed by a brief photo session.
The annual report of Sri Sathya Sai Annapoorna Trust was released
Download Link to the Annual Report: http://annapoorna.org.in/annual-report-2016-17/
Later, the representatives from the institutions who have been supporting Annapoorna were called upon to the stage one by one and were presented mementos as tokens of our gratitude and appreciation. Some of these individuals also briefly addressed the audience and reiterated their continued support and encouragement for Annapoorna projects.
This was followed by an interesting Q & A session with the esteemed guests.
Dr Narayana Murthy, Trustee (right) presenting the Memento to Mr S G Gopal Krishna (Principal , Nagarjuna College of Engg).The Engineering college will now be inducting a new one year course (2 semesters) for all the 600 engineering students on the concepts of Rural Engg and Development
Mr Prabhakar Gupta, Trustee (right) presenting the Memento to Mr Hyther (Principal Architect, ZOHO Corp). ZOHO Corp – A cloud based SAAS application development organisation has been developing application for the Trust for digitising the functioning of the Annapoorna Operations.
Mr.Sampath N, Chairman of the Trust (Left) presented the Memento to Mr.Mohan (President, Rural Shores – A Rural Business process outsourcing company). Mr.Mohan addressed the gathering and expressed his intent to continue working with us and expand breakfast programme in many more Govt Schools
The Partners who have been with us since the last 3 years of the Annapoorna Breakfast program also expressed the intent to extend their support to our plans to expand to many more Govt Schools.
The programme ended with a wonderful musical concert led by Ms Pooja Vaidyanathan and Mr Sai Keshav, followed by dinner. Pooja Vaidyanathan is an Indian singer and violinist. She is one of the finalists at the Airtel Super Singer event (Season 3).
On behalf of the Annapoorna team, we thank all our institutional partners and individuals who have joined us in this Annapoorna Annual Conference 2017.