On 18th September, the inauguration function of the Annapoorna Breakfast seva programme took place at Sri Sathya Sai Divyaniketanam in Jayapura in Karnataka, where surrounding villages’ schools would be served with morning nutrition.
Five government schools from the neighbouring villages were identified, to be the beneficiaries of Annapoorna breakfast programme. The villages identified were:
1. Lokanatha pura.
3. Makki Koppa.
5. Thengina mane.
Dignitaries and well-wishers who graced the function were:
1. Sri Bheemeshwara Joshi, Trustee of Horanadu Annapooneshwari Temple.
2. Sri K K Balakrishna, President of KKB travels.
3. Sri Ganapathi, BEO, Koppa.
4. Sri Anand Kadali, Trustee, Sri Sathya Sai Annapoorna Trust.
5. Dr Suresh Kodapal, Head of Neurological Sciences, Vydehi Hospital, Bagalore.
6. Sri Surya Narayana, former Trustee of Sri Sathya Sai Jyothi Sikshana Samsthe, Jayapura.
7. Sri K R Surendra, Secretary, Sri Sathya Sai Divyajyothi VidyaKendra.
8. Sri Jayavanth Bhat, Chairman, Sri Sathya Sai Divyajyothi VidyaKendra.
All the students from the selected 5 campuses were received with a lot of love and affection at the campus and were immediately served with Annapoorna Protein Mix based milk along with cream biscuits.
The heads of the institutions of the selected 5 schools were provided with Annapoorna Protein packets, which would be served to all the children during the morning session prior to the commencement of their classes. It was received with much love and gratitude by all the teachers who had come.
Sri Ganapathi, Block Education Officer, addressed the students and staff and inspired the students to give more prominence to human values and to come up with flying colours.
The programme concluded with lunch for all the guests including the students and teachers who had come from the various villages.